A common myth sellers believe is that selling their home “for sale by owner” (FSBO) is a good idea because it is easy and will save them money. It would be great if selling homes was as simple as putting a for-sale sign in the yard, inputting the home into the MLS, and watching it sell, but sadly it is not.
FSBO’s often end up losing money by not hiring a professional real estate agent. This happens due to several different reasons:
- FSBO’s price their homes incorrectly, whether is be too high or too low
- Transactions are often mishandled, ending up in a buyer walking away after weeks under contract
- FSBO fail to negotiate the best price and terms for their home
- FSBO’s do not know the best course of action in multiple-offer situations
- FSBO’s homes do not get the marketing exposure that real estate agents provide As you can imagine, there’s plenty that goes into the dynamic process of selling a home, so hiring the right professional real estate agent should earn you more than they cost. Real Estate agents can provide a wealth of market insights, marketing resources, connections, and advice. Real Estate agents will:
- Price your home according to the current market trends and your home’s size and condition
- Handle all of your transactions correctly and efficiently
- Negotiate the best price and terms for your specific home and situation
- Guide you through multiple offer situations using practiced methods to compare offers
- Expose your home to websites and other marketing methods Rather than selling your home FSBO, find a reputable real estate agent in your area that is willing to provide you with a home valuation appointment and is someone that understands your needs.
Contact us if you’re looking for a highly rated, experienced team in the Greater Seattle Area!